Everyone can agree that a big smile and straight teeth can positively affect an individual’s confidence and overall health. If you don’t have straight teeth and are looking for a solution then Invisalign might be right for you.
Invisalign is a newer orthodontic treatment that can accurately align your teeth. Invisalign uses clear aligners developed from computer-generated images and impressions taken directly from your mouth by Dr. Vlahos to change the position of your teeth. While traditional braces use fixed wires to pull the teeth together and into alignment, Invisalign aligns the teeth by using a series of moulds that, over a few months, force your teeth into their new and improved position.
What’s the difference between Invisalign and braces?
- Clear vs. Visible – While Invisalign aligners are made from see-through plastic, which makes them invisible to others, traditional braces are made from metal wires and elastic bands. Because they are visible, braces tend to cause anxiety for some patients.
- Convenience – Invisalign moulds can be removed from the mouth whenever required, although it is recommended that patients should wear them for 20 – 22 hours per day. On the other hand, traditional braces cannot be removed as they are bonded to the teeth by wires and elastic bands.
- Treatment Duration – The Invisalign treatment is significantly shorter than the usual treatment length for traditional braces. Due to how Invisalign works, patients are only required to wear the mould for 6 to 18 months as opposed to traditional braces, which have an average treatment time of 2 years.
Who is the ideal Invisalign patient?
Invisalign is recommended for anyone looking to improve their smile or align their teeth to be straighter. It’s most popular amongst:
- Teenagers: Invisalign can assist in correcting most misalignments in teenagers’ teeth. Invisalign is ideal for teens because they use clear moulds to achieve a straight smile and improved dental health. This is particularly beneficial since the teenage years are so often burdened with self-esteem issues. With a shorter treatment duration and easier use, Invisalign is the clear choice for teenage patients looking for that stunning smile.
- Adults: Invisalign is ideal for any adults who want flexibility with their alignment procedure, and want to achieve that confident smile without using visible metal braces.
Dr. Vlahos in St. Catharines is a top-of-the-line dental clinic in St. Catharines, staffed by a group of highly experienced dental experts. We offer complete care for the entire family.
To find out about Invisalign costs, and to have any other questions regarding the Invisalign procedure answered, please contact Dr. Vlahos today.